This is the updated guide that I posted last time. There are many changes in the interface since my last post. Luckily, the method still works! Here are the updated guide with new screen shots:-
1. First, login into your Yahoo! Mail account.
2. Then click on Options and select Mail Options. In the Mail Options menu, click on POP & Forwarding. You’ll see that you need to upgrade to Yahoo! Plus to get the POP and forwarding option.
6. Once you finish, logout from your Yahoo! account and close all browser windows. Reopen your browser, and login into Yahoo! Mail.
7. Go back to the Mail Options page (refer to step 2) and click on POP & Forwarding. Now you’ll see that you have the POP & Forwarding option enabled! Remember to select “Allow your Yahoo! Mail to be POPed” and save the changes!
8. Voila! Now you can use POP3 with your Yahoo! Mail account! The settings for the POP3 are as below:-
Incoming Mail Server (POP3): pop.mail.yahoo.com (Use SSL, port: 995)
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.com (Use SSL, port: 465, use authentication)
Account Name/Username: <Your Yahoo! Mail address>
Email address: <Your Yahoo! Mail address>
Password: <Your Yahoo! Mail password>
* The screen might change from time to time, so the screen shot here might not be the same by the time you are reading this. And I can’t guarantee that this will work for everyone!