If you want to add your Hotmail account in your Android smart phone, you can use the POP option. But, you can’t sync your email when you use POP. The other option is to use IMAP, but unfortunately not supported by Hotmail.
Luckily, there is another option that you can use which is the Exchange account. To add it, follow the steps below:-
1. Open the App drawer and select Email.
4. You’ll see this screen if this is the first email account that you are adding. Select MS Exchange.
6. In the next screen, fill in your Hotmail address in the domain\username field. Key in the password, and add the Hotmail server. The server is m.hotmail.com. Check the “Use Secure Connection (SSL)” option. Then select Next.
8. Select the options that you want. The “Amount to synchronize” option is for you to select the amount of emails to synchronize. “Three days” option means it will only download the emails from last 3 days.
Some stuff that you need to take note of:
1. If you are not seeing any email, it is most likely because the emails are older than the period that you set in the “Amount to synchronize” option. (e.g. If the last email is 5 days ago and your option to synchronize is 3 days, you won’t see any email)
2. I’m using LG Optimus One (P500) and the screen might differ from yours.