If you have a YouTube account wrongly linked to your Google account, you can actually unlink it. There are many reasons why you want to unlink your YouTube account from your Google account. For example, you have a personal YouTube account that accidentally linked to your work GMail account. To unlink the accounts, follow the steps below:
- Go to this page: http://www.youtube.com/my_account_unlink
- If you are not logged in, you’ll prompt for YouTube username and password. Enter the verification code too. If you are logged into YouTube, you’ll only need to fill in the verification code.
- Next, click on “Unlink My Accounts”.
- And your account is unlinked!
Another way to unlink your account:
- Login into you YouTube account.
- On the top right corner of the YouTube page, click on your username. Then select Account.
- In you account page, click on Manage Account located on the left side of the page.
- Click on “Unlink YouTube and Google Accounts” to expand the section. Then, click on the “Unlink YouTube and Google Accounts” link. This will bring you to the page mentioned above.
Do note that this only works for account created before May 2009. Accounts that created after May 2009 are the accounts that created using Google account.Â And also, YouTube will remind you to link your YouTube account with a Google account after you unlinked it. You can always relink to a Google account by accessing the following page: