This guide will teach you on how to setup your Yahoo! Main in Outlook 2007. First you need to enable POP3 in your Yahoo! Mail account. You can follow my guide here on how to enable POP3 in Yahoo! Mail.
* Please note that the mails in your web inbox will be deleted once they are downloaded to your Outlook. Please follow the guide here if you want to keep your mails in your web inbox.*
5. Select ‘Internet E-mail’.
Your Name: <Your display name in the email>
E-mail Address: <The email address that you are setting up>
Account type: <POP3>
Incoming mail server: <pop.mail.yahoo.com>
Outgoing mail server: <smtp.mail.yahoo.com>
User name: <Your Yahoo! Mail address>
Passowrd: <Your Yahoo! Mail password>
Once you’re done, click the ‘More Settings…’ button.
7. The ‘Internet Email Settings’ windows will pop up. Click on the ‘Advanced’ tab. Change the Incoming server (POP3) to 995. Tick the ‘This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)’. Then, change the ‘Outgoing server (SMTP) to 465 and Select ‘SSL’ in the drop down list.
8. Next, go to the ‘Outgoing Server’ tab and tick the ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’ option. Select ‘Use same settings as my incoming mail server’. Then click ‘OK’. 9. Click on the ‘Test Account Settings’ button.
* If you are getting “Enter Network Password” error, please make sure that you have POP3 enabled in your Yahoo! Mail option! You can follow my guide here on how to enable POP3 for free Yahoo! Mail account.