SQL Server – Access Denied
When you try to attach a SQl Server database (MDF file), you might face this “Access is denied” error. One of the example is the AdventureWorks sample database.
To bypass this error, all you need to do is to launch the SQL Server Management Studio in Administrator mode. The steps:-
SQL Server – Administrator Mode
- Locate the SQL Server Management Studio shortcut.
- Right click on the shortcut and select “Run as administrator”.
- You should be able to attach the database now!
Recently I installed Windows 8 for my new PC. But for some reason, I only manage to install it with the UK keyboard layout. The UK layout is different from the “standard” layout that I normally use. So, here is a guide on how to add/change keyboard layout in Windows 8.
1. Hover your mouse pointer to the top right corner to bring out the “charm” and select the search charm.
Charm Bar and Search Charm
2. Type in “Add Language” in the search box. Then select “Settings” on the right. Click the “Add Language” result.
Search add language in the Search Charm
3. Click on the “Options” hyperlink.
Click the Options Hyperlink
4. Click on the “Add an Input Method” hyperlink.
Click “Add an Input Method”
5. Select the keyboard layout that you want and then click “Add”.
Select keyboard layout and click Add
6. That’s all!
Recently I face an issue with slow startup in Windows. My Windows will stuck at the Windows login for a long time before I can login. After login, my taskbar (the bar at the bottom) is not loading… but the desktop I fully loaded. But when I try to open any folders (e.g. My Computer) it will just hang there or not responding.
After searching high and low, I finally found the cause of the issue. The issue is caused by one of my hard drive that have bad sector! So, to fix this issue, I need to run the disk checker to check for the bad sector and fix it (if possible). Since I can’t open My Computer, I can’t access the disk properties to open the disk checker. I decided to download the Seagate’s SeaTools to find and fix the issue. You can get the bootable SeaTools here. After you’ve created the bootable disc, then you can boot into SeaTools and use it to scan and fix the issue.
* I only use Seagate hard disk. That’s why I use SeaTools.
* I’m using Windows XP SP3.
I recently face an issue updating my WordPress plugin through the admin dashboard. When I try to update the plugin, the updater screen will just stuck/hang and not moving at all.
After searching high and low for it, I finally found the solution. The reason is because the FTP login. I was using the ftp.domain.com to upload, but it seems this is not working. All I need to is change it to localhost or 127.0.0.1! And I finally manage to update my plugins!
If you want to read your Yahoo! mails in your Android, you can either use the official mail App or you can use the POP3 option. The advantage of using POP3 is that you can combine your mails from other mail account (e.g. Hotmail) into one inbox! Here is the guide:-